Tuesday, February 28, 2012

wardrobe wednesday?

 A photo from last week( yep i'm a dork!) , dressed up for our wedding anniversary date. 38 weeks +6 days All Thrifted! A glassons maxi dress from the recycle centre, ditto the belt and the cropped jacket was from a flea market ($5) about 5 years ago! On my feet? leather jandals a friend gave me  at teachers college about the time I met my husband... 11 years ago?  married for 9 years now, and its all good. We've been through some challenges: poorness, post natal depresssion,  everyday life  with 3 young kids etc, but  as they say keep talking to each other, and we are lucky  enough to have heaps in common in terms of philosphy etc.
 And in other sharing, some dresses for the girls, using up old sock wool and fabric from op shops. cute and old fashioned I think? And adds a bit of warmth to the chest area, which seems appropriate due to the grey autumnal weather we've been having this week ( which I love), candles  at the meal table, cosy crafting inside and brisk walks outside ( haven't done that yet as I can't walk much!). The pattern is this one from ravelry, that I upsized by using bigger needles and for Anoushka knitting more increases and cms for the length. For Maaike I striped it to use up  what I had left from a pair of socks I made for my sister last year and missed out the lace pattern.
 I think I'm nesting... yesterday I made tomato sauce ( green, because of all the stink bugs!), two carrot and zucchini cakes and a fruit crumble from  fruit from my garden! Rhubarb, raspberries, blackberries and white flesh peaches that blew down in the storm last week. Yum!  The kids made pipecleaner fairyfolk, and painted the airdried clay gnomes they made last week,  and changed and made nature tables all over the house. Today I pickled garlic indian style, chased rabbits, made  yoghurt , finished two t shirts for the baby and a skirt for me. I am knitting a pair of socks for me and working on some autumnal decor for the house... and waiting ... patiently!?




 P.s struggling with techno stuff, heres the link for wardrobe wednesday

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful. I've been meaning to say a HUGE thank you for the garlic, I really appreciate it! I used it to make some pesto. I'd love your recipe for Indian pickled garlic, sounds yummy! Can't wait to see pics of the new baby. X Gilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gill! Will work on posting that recipe soonish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, there's nothing like a bit of good old nesting to get a few jobs done! many many wonderful wishes to you in these days. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete