Saturday, March 10, 2012


Joska (pronounced as a y) was born at 6.07 on wednesday the 7th of march 2012, weighing 7 pound 15 ounces ( 3.6 kilo) with his arm up by his face. As I've heard say the fourth baby can be unpredictable and such was the case for us, with labour VEERRYYY slow and never really kicking up a gear  (although the intensity of the contractions did), still being anywhere from 1 to 8 minutes apart at the end.   He is a hungry little critter and very cute and much loved. 

R.I.P Wim van der Ploeg, my uncle by marriage and a very kind man, who sadly lost the battle to cancer in Holland the same day. Love to all thee family there.

4 comments:

  1. I was hanging out the washing the other morning, and woundering to myself weather you had yet hatched? Well done! What a beautiful wee gift. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome Joska and happy days to your family Melissa. lucky you to have another addition. I guess youll need to change the name of your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Welcome wee Joska, hope you all enjoy your babymoon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, it sounds like we are labour twins!! :))
    it sure was weird for me, i wished i'd relaxed more and just gone with the flow.
    i hope you're enjoying these precious early days with your new son.

    X

    ReplyDelete