Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Tomten


Today was a crafty day! A trip to Spotlight ( I wish we had a decent craft shop around here, some things I'm after it seems I'll have to  order online!), a play at the Tahunanui playground and a picnic snack and when we got home there were seven eggs , a new LIving Crafts mag and the book of the Tomten I had ordered, so we got right down to the business of making our own tomtens to tell stories with. And here they are! Maaike thought hers needed love hearts sewn on. Cute hey? Patterns for story table things mentioned on earlier post. I hadn't read the story before, and its lovely. A story about a gnome type thingy who has lived on this farm for hundreds of years and when night falls visits the inhabitants and talks in a silent tomten voice that the animals can understand, checking all is well.  A good bedtime story!
 And tonight we are to have a barbeque, with homemade burger buns and maybe sleep in the tent we have had up all week. My kids seem to be desperate for summer, swimming and adventures. Actually That sounds pretty good to me!

2 comments:

  1. Sounding pretty nice at your place right now Mel....I'm hanging out for a BBQ! And summer! I only wish the rain would go for a day or two so that I could soak up some spring air. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. We should catch up in the holidays, I think the red head would like to come out to yours for another play in the country. How does your garden grow?

    ReplyDelete