Wednesday, September 22, 2010

more crafts

 A friend had a beautiful baby girl last week... Welcome Nia Grace! I made her this vest.To hide or accent the fact that the pinks are all different ( I just used what I had in my stash), I crocheted a flower to match all the colours. The buttons too, are from my stash!
 And now to share a project we have been working on for about a month: A playscape! I have been inspired by many different places. The idea I saw first in the LIVING CRafts Mag about a year ago and then recently I saw it again , although in a different form on the RYTHYM of the HOME site. 
 Together with the children I felted the mat in stages that fit the bubble wrap i had, then stitched on felted pebbles ( bought), made pumpkins and a cave.  the bushes were made by the children by making pompoms, and the grass was  crocheted with an extra row of loops n top.  There are more trees coming and then I'll stitch some hessian to the bottom for added strength and longevity!

3 comments:

  1. Hey mel...do you have the pattern for this vest? I just scored one similar at the local market today and would love to knit more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, Yeah the pattern is http://thriftyknitter.com/?p=223 , cobblestone inspired man vest. Its sized about 3 months, but I have managed to successfully size it up ( Not very experienced with that sort of thing1) To about 1-2 years by casting on more sticthes and fudging basic pattern! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete