Sunday, January 24, 2010

Textile addiction


To add to my long list of textile obsessions, I've added spinning! (i'm not very good), but I found a spinning wheel at a local op shop about 3 months ago, and now i'm finally spinning a yarn that i can knit with! Its a single ply something, which mimics a felted yarn that I love ( if anyone knows how to do that, drop me a line!). I'm using it to make Anoushka a cardigan from the latest Living Crafts mag . Now i've discovered that people sell a lot of carded wool on trade me ( new zealand's version of ebay) and i've been spending hours looking at it all....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa
    Thank you for the lovely parcel which arrived here yesterday.My sunglasses now have a home when in my handbag and your tiki is very sweet.
    Take care,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete