Saturday, January 9, 2010

crafty gifts

So far, so good... the children don't ask to buy presents for their friends birthdays ( or for any reason actually), they start looking through their and my craft books for ideas. This is how with short notice a special friend of Anoushka is still getting a gift and a gift straight from her heart too!  Anoushka received a fairy craft kit for christmas and decided to make her friend one of these. I only got a picture of fairy-in-progress because things got a bit chaotic in the meantime! (Toddler found glue, three year old wanted to sit on my chair with me , and said three year old has permanent case of ants-in-pants, so bumped toddler, who sent hot coffee flying onto Anoushka, and fairy was left behind in chaos!)

She also chose to make the artsy clutch from Bend the Rules Sewing , choosing the fabric and buttons herself. She sat with me at the sewing machine and lifted the presser foot and hit the reverse button for me.


 So forest fairy and artsy clutch (pencil case) are on their way to special friend, with no money spent, but lots of time, family interest, a bit of chaos and love instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment