Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Carefree girls


Thanks to the generosity of a crafty friend I have been able to borrow her copy of  carefree clothes for girls , and have been inspired!  I love the aesthetic of it  but haven't got the money at the moment to go and get beautiful linens etc.  So in the spirit of use what you have I whipped up these creations, the chemise (on Anoushka, right) the blouse with crochet doily trim ( on maaike, middle ( thats my monkey son in his grubby pyjamas, I'll get around to new clothes for him later)), and the quilted bodice dress  (below).  beautiful, now to customise some of my clothing in the same vein....






















The fabrics I used were old cotton sheets, scraps of pink linen from the op shop, a remnant of the princess and the pea fabric, an old  tablecloth and some doilies from  my stash. buttons , a gift from gill .

2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!
    Wish I was feeling that inspired. Am also thinking of things in the same vein for myself. Checked out Spotlight for linen or super specials the other day but walked out empty handed. A case of too expensive and too much of a love for old fabrics to buy any new ones.

    ReplyDelete