Wednesday, January 21, 2009

thursday, sewing day....


My stock at Delume in Nelson has been sellling! Its so exciting, but it means I have to motivate myself to sew again. And of course instead of knuckling down I had to make Tobin some new jeans(cut down from a pair of mine), in a size he can hopefully wear all winter. Then I made three tiki tees, but the overlocker ran away on me so Maaike got ea new tshirt!

I decided to stimulate creative juices by making Anoushka a dress, using an old sheet from the opshop, and making up my own pattern, inspired by some pics in the aussie mag "MY CHILD". I need to do a pattern making course!!!! It ended up fitting me as a top... so next time I could cut out some width in the middle I think.....

So not a very succesful sewing for the shop day unfortunately, only two tees ready to go. I did plant two feijoa trees, a rosemary plant and a grape in my "orchard". The local garden centre is closing down, and the plants look so sad.... I call the side and front of our small section my orchard as I have and am working on underplanting our baby fruit trees with herbs, comfrey, garlic and other beneficial and beautiful plants to repel pests and condition the earth. so far so good, although perhaps a tad shambolic for others who do not see the wilderness I am trying to create for what it is: Healthy food for family and goodness for earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment