Friday, January 23, 2009

Lord of the flies.


I hate flies! Summer arrives and is all 'I am really hot and what are you going to do about it?' Which is cool, but the flies.
My hatred for flies has lifted slightly due to recent events.
Popcorn was made for afternoon tea the other day, and I had to show the kids my tricks. One such trick involves the said popcorn tumbling through the air, and landing gracefully in said mouth.
Kids were IMPRESSED! So being the show pony, I kept going until realising that a smart little fly was chasing my delicious morsel, everytime I chucked it up. Now my trick had increased in its coolness tenfold!
Ideas of setting up a fly circus and travelling the world soon went up in a puff of smoke when the fly was hit tragically by a falling piece of popcorn.
Oh, what could have been.
Struan aka Lord of the Flies

1 comment:

  1. You could set up a Popcorn Fly Busters Squad, travelling fly infested regions enticing smart little flies to chase the popcorn and when they least expect it, sent one as a direct hit missile. Perhaps a little laborious, but entertaining!
    michiel

    ReplyDelete