Thursday, May 17, 2012

10 weeks on... unschooling life with a babe!

 I Haven't posted much recently. I have a baby who doesn't like to be put down, and doesn't sleep a whole lot, and he is heavy!!!! So quite awkward doing anything, and I seem to be flat our just keeping the other three fed and clothed!  Joska is ten weeks now and weighed 7.8 kgs last week. he is tall too and combined with cloth nappy bum is already in size 0 ( 6 to 9 months)!

 No sewing for me, but I can sometimes knit while he is feeding so here he is modelling the new jersey from  the pattern beyond peuperium,  held by his family, who are still besotted with him ( whew!).
We have been busy too, joining in with the local "natural learning group", where we've been harvesting: blueberries, chestnuts, and mushrooms. One family had a world stove there, which fascinated me and I have plans to make it with my mum on her next visit here. 

Anoushka is part of a play which will be performed starting on may 24th. This has involved many rehearsals which I may not have said yes to  this, had another homeschooling mum not taken her there in the early days after Joska's birth. ( What a commitment). Its amazing to see how much she loves it and how good she is at it, and the learning...! I alwways thought putting on a production was my favourite part of school and I think Kudos should go to the local theatre company for not only staging productions and giving of their time, but finding a way to include even the smallest willing participant!

Life with four kids is busy, overwhelming at times, but so exciting too!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mel! Just showed Wyatt these lovely photos and he said "Wanna go to that house." Wish we could too Wyatt. xx

    ReplyDelete