Monday, March 7, 2011

A touch of Autumn

Last Week, the kids and I went  for a walk here in the area, foraging for wild blackberries, and rosehips and collecting  things for our nature table.

When we got home and I made blackberry muffins and rosehip syrup the children trawled through my vintage linens and sorted out their treasures and arranged them all over the house. Very beautiful and autumnal.
 For the leaf shapes i used a wee folk art pattern from their list and  knitting/ felting patterns from living Crafts magazine for the acorns and oak leaves on our hanging wreath. 
 It feels good now that its cooler, and the light is different. I feel re-invigorated and have even spent some time in the vege garden, hoping my  seedlings grow enough before winter hits. ( We had 2 degrees here yesterday).

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even going to go there yet. Denial for a wee while longer.
    Perhaps by the equinox I'll be ready.

    ReplyDelete