Tuesday, November 16, 2010

life

Anoushka, the explorer/birdwatcher; off on a trip around the garden, with camera, binoculars, and bird identification book in bag. A self-portrait!
My maternal grandmother in Holland passed away a few weeks ago after a long  dance with cancer, a month before her 90th birthday. I am planning a  post about her, my chance to have my say and my memories. I am waiting  for some  photos to be turned into jpeg files , and for my thoughts to settle into some words I can use. 

In the meantime life goes on: A "bus trip" in the lounge becomes the best possible place for drawing and writing time ( Why not?), Anoushka writing down all the words she knows and for the first time having a go at words she  hasn't memorised and getting them, by gum she's figured out what some combinations of letters sound like! I love that sometimes in my head I think about what the next step could be or should be, and you try and help  and explain and theres that blank look like what on earth are you on about mama? And then a week, few weeks,months later, its in there and owned and I never mentioned it again.... they learn stuff when they need it, how they need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment