Friday, June 18, 2010

a catch up

Finished: Some mitts for me! Pattern is Reading Mitts on Ravelry.
Maaike's fourth birthday started bright and early.

results of a painting morning from us four that are home during daylight hours.



They really enjoyed the painting, though at times the process overwhelmed me!  Note to self:Next time have it all set up before toddler starts washing hands in water jar and 4 year old paints the table! Also art smocks would be good!
 I am tired but inspired this week after hooking up with some other home schoolers and talking about what they do. Actually just knowing there are others like us, even if we all do things our own way is good. There are even other homeschoolers down the street! ( Believe me our road is so rural, its surprises me sometimes there is anyone down the street, especially on foggy mornings!)
So inspired I am and have to knuckle down and provide more for the children, and do it alongside I think. Not lessons as such but definately experiences with variety as the spice of life?

My W.I.P s are some homespun socks for Anoushka ( two at a a time on circs, how hard can it be?), spinning some raw fleece in the grease and trying to learn to handcard from  googled sites; videos aren't any good for slow dial up like this!
The blanket for girls is taking some time out and I am trying to find time for sewing overpants , new cushion covers for  lounge, an obi belt for me and more pants for the young lad. 

what inspires you and what are you making?

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are busy! Thanks for your email, it was the prompt I needed to get back to my blog :)
    The answer to your question is both! Mum and Dad's farm is the one you mentioned, and Michael's ancestors hail from Win Valley- I think his Grandad was born there maybe. What a small world!

    ReplyDelete