Friday, May 14, 2010

Opshop finds and knitted things

In between holiday (though of course we are not on holiday) accommodation on Monday we went into Richmond and it was one of those good days for second hand and junk finds! Great even!
Some lovely old copies of one of my favourite series of books; little women by Louisa M. Alcott, a great vintage book called Pookie and the Gypsies. Some old cot sheets, a beautiful tea tray, some old half finished linens and rolls of embroidery floss. Not pictured, some old cups and bowls.

This week I finished some mittens for Maaike using some of my prettiest yarn  leftovers and some of the samples from my Blendy yarn sampler box. But don't look too closely, as I obviously didn't conccentrate hard enough making the second mitten and she has two the same.... the pattern is playground mitts from Ravelry. she doesn't seem to mind...
In April was Tobin's birthday and I think i forgot to post photos of the things I knitted for him ( that he hasn't the patience to wear yet), so here they are!
A hat from tot toppers, and more playground mittens, but adjusted for a smaller size. Just fewer rows really , all the shaping I kept the same. His I managed to get right!

On the house front, It seems that we will get to move  into our rented Dovedale home, but we are still not sure when... It was supposed to be today, but we are kind of lucky its not as it is actually raining here in sunny nelson today! Pouring!Have a nice weekend, I'll be knitting, off to the nelson library and baking fresh bread today. You?

2 comments:

  1. That tea tray in the back is gorgeous and I love the blue skulls on Tobin's hat! I know nothing about knitting but I assume doing those designs must've taken ages, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great finds! And your knitting is great. Those thumb holes can be tricky eh, I know I've done that on more than one occassion!!

    ReplyDelete