Monday, April 5, 2010

knitting updates

A blanket for the girls bed. pattern from living crafts magazine.


A little bit of knittinghas been done in the days following the easter fair, and lots during! Trade could have been better, but it was great to get this pattern finished! The following pics are of my "Victoria vest" by the Rare yarns company, made with wool  I found on trade me for fifteen dollars for one kilo, and spun myself as singles.  I didn't wash the yarn to set the twist but did block the vest after finishing and am super happy with how the yarn responded, fluffing up and stretching out nicely.

Also some photos of where we are at the moment. Beautiful Mapua!
Enjoy the rest of the week or autumn holidays! I'm off to find some needles to complete some more knitting projects!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that turned out great! Makes me think I need to knit something for me!! Beautiful beach scenes (is it Kina?) I just had two days there at the bach, was lovely, could have stayed forever, getting fit and healthy beach combing and chilling out.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm thinking it might be Mapua, with the leasure park in the background, we were there yesterday for smoked fish and icecream. The red head tripped and nearly fell off the wharf, he then didn't take kindly to me holding his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey gill, yep its mapua, down to the left of the wharf, where you can walk around to Grossi point(where there are old and gnarly pear and apple trees in the reserve!)

    ReplyDelete